Senior Software Development Engineer
ExpediaDSP – Data Services and Platforms
Our mission is to power reliable, trustworthy and scalable data products, that fuel decision-making and give a competitive advantage to Expedia Group.
We use a blend of open source, custom development, and commercial tools to deliver and operate petabyte-scale data platforms used across the business. Our ecosystem includes multiple cloud providers, massive Hadoop clusters, parallel databases and a broad mix of leading data management and analytics tools.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to design and build systems and services to tackle increasingly complex data engineering challenges.
- Have a deep understanding of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems concepts.
- Have 7+ years of experience leading or working on complex software projects using Java, Scala, Python or similar.
- Have hands on experience and knowledge of the fundamentals of cloud computing (including virtualization, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks).
- Are fluent in modern architectures and concepts, able to speak at every level of the organization.
- Have experience with distributed data processing (Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) and open source software (Cassandra, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Redis, Elasticsearch) along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Have diverse data platform experience including NoSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, Tensorflow.
What You Will Do:
You will architect, build and support a modern, multi-tenant cloud-based enterprise data platform for both transactions and analytics and share your knowledge with your teammates, as well as the larger tech community.
- You will drive innovation with technologies and solutions in the large-scale distributed cloud services and petabyte-scale data processing space.
- You'll work to identify new product features and close feature gaps in new and existing products.
- Collaborating across our team, you'll deliver rapid, iterative designs and/or new technology proof-of-concepts.
- You will provide technical leadership and participate in development efforts.
- You'll provide technical insight to the team, delivering recommendations, tutorials, blog articles and technical presentations, adapting to different levels of technical partners.
- You'll collaborate across a diverse team of internal and external partners.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.