We believe that mobile voice calls should be secure, engaging, and protected from fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, and that the mobile network - as the largest communications network of any kind - urgently needs a trust and identity layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the voice experience. We already serve over 120M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with smartphone makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to lead our engineering team on the road to help us serve 1B users?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us architect, implement, and maintain significant backend systems. This role is with the team that provides high-availability, latency-sensitive capabilities to telecoms, mobile apps, and other partners.
You will help us craft this product to better serve the users who send us hundreds of millions of requests per month. In addition, you'll work with engineering teams across Hiya, some in Seattle and some in Europe, to define and deliver shared components and services.
What we expect from you:
- Building RESTful APIs in Scala from scratch
- Building systems with an event-driven architecture
- Building highly distributed systems with stringent SLA requirements
- Supporting the developer community and external partners
- Appreciation for an environment where we get things done and pursue velocity over perfection
- Collaboration as a teammate with phenomenal interpersonal skills
Awesome if you have:
- Experience delivering scalable backend systems on the JVM
- Experience externalizing APIs for third-party developers
- Experience working with various authentication protocols
- Experience with networking, queues, stream processing, and caching
- Experience with Redis, DynamoDB, Data analysis, Kubernetes/Docker
What you should expect from us:
- Work at an encouraging and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team
- Make an impact on the lives of 100M+ global customers
- Many office perks and great company benefits
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.