Senior Software Engineer, Backend Visibility at Flexport (Bellevue, WA)
Build the world’s best solution for answering the question “Where’s my stuff?”
Flexport’s Visibility service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global platform for trade. The Visibility team delivers universal visibility of cargo milestones for Flexport’s clients with the ease of a Google search. As a Sr. Software Engineer, Backend Visibility, you will be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
We are building a platform that can scale to best-in-industry trading volumes, and you will be responsible for building the products and tools that will help us get there. This system is critical to our company goals to improve Freight Forwarding. If this sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
- Help unclog the global supply chain mess by providing better tracking and forecasting measurements such that accurate shipment planning can occur.
- Work on JVM based backend services, the Visibility Platform, to power tracking of shipment milestones.
- Integrate with multiple sources of tracking data, from external partners, to GPS tracking applications, and with internal machine learning algorithms.
- Collaborate with product and other engineering teams to create scalable services which can ingest milestone information from many sources and handle a large load of container tracking
You should have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with backend challenges
- Kotlin, Java, or other JVM background
- API design
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS
Bonus points if you’ve worked with:
- Kinesis or other steaming technologies
- Ruby on Rails
Engineering Culture and Values: Check out our Engineering Blog.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.