Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also have the Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
Community engagement is in the heart of everything that we do. It’s our way to help customers set up and use our products, and to gather feedback on how we can make them better.
What is this Opportunity?
Senior Software Engineer in Wyze will develop ioT cloud back-end systems by designing highly scalable software architecture to support large traffic volume under thorough network security consideration, designing simple and concise REST API interfaces for serving private and public utilization purposes, developing, deploying, patching and operating cloud-based back-end solutions, supporting and developing engineering team as tech lead. The Senior Software Engineer will also be responsible to determine the best practices of software development for Wyze and establish the culture of engineering team.
The role requires the candidates have ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills, and be capable to well balance engineering quality, customer focus and operation issues. The candidate must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
- Designs technical solutions for scalable, secure and operable cloud services, lead the design discussion and develops the plan for deliverables
- Leads REST API interface design in simple and concise style, establishes the software interface design standard for Wyze in the long run
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle; identify and resolve the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level
- Designs the deployment process for the services balancing efficiency and stability, establishes deployment best practices for Wyze in the long run
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science plus 5+ years work experience
- Proficiency on Java, C++, Python or Ruby & Rails, deep understanding of modern programming language design principles
- Solid understanding of computer network, security, architect design, object-oriented design (preferably interface-based design concepts)
- Experience with back-end server development with modern server or cloud environments, such as container, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, distributed file systems
- Experience on designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience taking a product to market and 3+ years
- Solid experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud plus
- Experience in a startup is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description