We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
Knock is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Frontend Software Engineer who loves solving problems and developing solutions that delight our customers. As a member of our new product (Screening) team, you have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference for our customers by working on a new, developing product. You will be responsible for contributing to the design work, development and maintenance of this new product. This position has the opportunity to be remote full time, hybrid work from home / in office (eventually), or mostly office-based (also eventually), and will report directly to the Director of Software Architecture. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Product and Engineering teams together consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry.
Our product covers a large surface - powering marketing automation, omni channel communications, AI bots, sales and renewal CRM, agent and self-guided touring, tenant screening, advanced business intelligence capabilities, and much more. We utilize an agile development process, and lean heavily on best practices around PR FAQ’s, PRD, UX research and usability testing, SDLC, etc. all to ensure we are maximizing product fit and execution.
Day to Day
- Coding to support the ongoing development of our flagship product, as well as our existing customers and business needs.
- Participate in design discussions
- Own frontend experience activities including UI design, development, testing, and support
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop technical solution documentation aligned with the business objectives
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentoring peers
- 5+ years of frontend software engineering experience using modern MVC frameworks: React, Vue and/or Angular
- Thorough understanding of modern web and styling: HTML5, CSS3
- Strong frontend development expertise: ES6+, Typescript
- Comfortable and completely self sufficient with Git
- Experience working with Relational Databases such as Postgres, MySQL/Maria, Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Familiarity with using Cloud based platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Familiarity with unit and end-to-end testing
Our Tech Stack
- Testing Frameworks: Jest, PyTest, CircleCI
- Databases and Streams: Kafka, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Development/Deployment Tools: GitHub, Jira, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, Serverless, Docker, Prettier, Greenkeeper
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Twilio, Mailgun, Google Cloud Platform
- AWS Tools: Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, RDS, API Gateway, ElasticCache
- Monitoring: New Relic APM, New Relic Insights, CloudWatch, Splunk
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Flexible work options - choose to be a HQ, Hybrid or Remote employee with various benefits.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with company match to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.