Flexport’s Visibility service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global platform for trade. The Visibility team delivers universal visibility of cargo milestones for Flexport’s clients with the ease of a Google search. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
Your first 90 days will be to build an end-to-end system with product, design, and engineering to help Flexport automate milestones. This system is critical to our company goals to improve Freight Forwarding.About Front End Engineering at Flexport
Front end engineers at Flexport collaborate with design, research, and product to build elegant and performant user experiences:
- Our ratio of engineers to designers is very healthy to create tight collaboration across our product and front-end components
- We have a dedicated team of engineers and designers building a world-class design system - Latitude, which supports all product teams
We are building a platform that can scale to best-in-industry trading volumes, and you will be responsible for building the products and tools that will help us get there. If this sounds exciting to you, please reach out!You will:
- Create frontend components to automate freight forwarding
- Help evolve the frontend infrastructure and architecture
- Collaborate with design, research, product to build an elegant and performant UX
- Build a highly interactive product to track shipments around the world
- Strong knowledge of React
- Familiarity with back-end frameworks (Rails, Node)
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
What you've worked with ideally
- Experience with design systems
- Experience with front-end test frameworks (Jest)
- Experience with front-end build/deployment process (Webpack, Babel)
Bonus points if you've worked with
- Web performance (time-to-interactive, dependencies, wasted renders)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and moving to services. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker. We are also building the foundation of Flexport OS with Kotlin on modern infrastructure best practices.Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.