Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Performance at ExtraHop
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader in real-time wire data analytics, a novel approach to IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $15B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems. The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
We are looking for a talented performance engineer who is excited and motivated to drive ExtraHop’s product to handle extreme and variable traffic feeds while maintaining a fast dynamic user experience. As a Senior Software Engineer in Performance and Tools at ExtraHop; you believe in automation and writing tests as a way of maintaining high code quality, you know how to engineer solutions that balance robustness, scalability and performance, and you own performance from the user interface down to the CPU thread. We are looking for people who have a passion for building secure and scalable systems that can operate in some of the largest and most demanding environments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design a performance lab and framework that ensure ExtraHop’s products perform at best in breed speed for current commercial traffic rates and expected future rates.
- Develop a performance and limitation reporting structure that enables Support, Marketing, and Sales to respond to customer questions and challenge claims made by competitors
- Push engineering to find more efficient ways to meet our customers’ expectations before our customers experience these bottlenecks.
- Own the numbers. Articulate and know the performance numbers and test methodology necessary to generate those numbers for all parts of the ExtraHop platform, from user interaction and data extraction, to to traffic processing and metric collection.
- Use a mix of manual and automated test methodologies to ensure that the ExtraHop platform operates well in various customer environments.
- Use OSS tools to generate different client types, system loads, or traffic patterns to simulate customer environments.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or information technology.
- 5+ years professional software development experience in a Unix-based environment.
- 2+ years building performance and automation test tools and frameworks.
- Experience developing tools to test system and user experience performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience using and managing virtual and cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with containers or docker technologies.
- Familiarity with embedded systems or other systems level development.
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP.
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law