Senior Software Engineer
What is the first thing you do while planning your travel? Do you want to work on a team that helps travelers like you go places and make our world more connected? Expedia Flights team is the traffic powerhouse for the Expedia group and our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and Ebookers. Our technology operations are global, with representation in US, Mexico, Australia and India.
What makes Flights technology unique?
- We are one of the few companies in the world that develop a proprietary flight search engine (called Best Fare Search) which is used by millions of users every single day.
- We are moving one of the world’s biggest flights platforms to AWS.
- We handle several 100 thousand booking transactions daily and connect with all major GDS partners you can think of.
- We collect terabytes of Flights Data and are actively looking to use ML to show the right content to our customers.
Expedia is looking for an exceptional Sr. Software Engineer in Test to join the Flight Search Team. BFS, Expedia’s proprietary flight search and pricing engine, performs complex manipulations on massive and highly volatile datasets to power airline flight shopping for millions of customers every day. You will have the opportunity to understand and shape the marketplace we are looking to build, solve extremely hard problems, and make design decisions which can have a large impact across the company. The systems you design and implement will be expected to meet the levels of scalability and robustness needed for this high-volume and high-visibility product. Bring your programming smarts, problem solving skills, and passion for software engineering and join us as we solidify and grow our position as the leaders in the travel industry.
- Ensure delivery of new features on time and high quality while Test ownership from end to end
- Design and implement automation, create user scenarios, execute tests rapidly, and report on results to various partners.
- Drive your testing via a 100% automated test approach to exercise the world’s most complex flight search engine.
- Create testing strategy, plan for test execution and exhaustive test cases.
- Solve issues found during testing or on live-site and deliver clear bug reports.
- Collaborate with partners, program and product management, architects and developers to ensure that the solution meets our requirements.
- Bring down the cost and time of delivery through ongoing improvements to our Continuous Delivery technologies and AWS Cloud deployments.
- 10+ years of Software Testing Experience,
- Incredible test design skills and the ability to identify what needs testing and how to test it.
- Excellent coding skills in C#, C++ or Java and proficient with XML and SQL.
- Demonstrable expertise in programming concepts & methodologies.
- Proven knowledge of various testing techniques.
- Excellent problem solving skills, passion for technology, and strong communication skills.
- Be able to function in a team environment and adapt to a changing landscape.
- Be able to drive projects to completion and work with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.