Senior Software Engineer at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the AI Search Platform team and work with a talented group of developers building out next-generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for creating world-class search experiences for ServiceNow users with the goal of putting the right information in front of each user at the appropriate time and in the right context.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in the AI Search Platform group. We’re looking for team-oriented problem solvers with a long-term mindset and with deep expertise in all aspects of enterprise software development. Successful team members at ServiceNow have a passion to be a part of, lead, and grow amazing teams. You'll also work cross-functionally to deliver innovative software designs and solutions to both internal and external developers and customers.
What you get to do in this role
- Build a highly interactive, intuitive, easy to use Admin UI for new, innovative search and machine learning/understanding capabilities that is extensible and easy to maintain
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Learn new things and share expertise with each other—by answering a quick question on Slack, pairing on a feature, or leading a lunch and learn session
- Produce high-quality work we’re proud of, and not take shortcuts
- Deliver an outstanding experience for our customers
- Join a rapidly growing team
- Have fun
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ year of experience with Java
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Passion for problem-solving, and development
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, IDEs and MySQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.