Senior Software Engineer at ServiceNow
Sr. Software Engineer
Locations: Kirkland, WA, Santa Clara, CA, or San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
This position is part of our cloud infrastructure automation team, focusing on operations development. In this role you will be responsible for designing and developing tools to support the physical and logical cloud infrastructure, Datacenter/Rack/Server Deployment and Configuration, OS Patching, Load Balancer automations, Azure integrations, and many other areas related to Cloud Infrastructure. You will define and execute innovative ways to deploy, operate and monitor systems at scale. In addition to tools and automation, your work will involve coordinating efforts with other members of the infrastructure organization and the ServiceNow development teams.
- Strong operations automation background
- ServiceNow platform administration and development knowledge would be a strong plus
- Strong understanding of Certificates and Encryption
- Strong system and code debugging skills
- Familiar with developing automations for Cisco/F5/NGINX
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
- Familiarity with IP Address management tooling (DHCP/DNS/IPAM)
- Proficient with Linux environments with emphasis on methods for automating operations in a high availability environment
- Experience integrating software and services using common API techniques (SOAP, REST, XML, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Git, Gerrit
- Working knowledge of MySQL and Oracle
- Working knowledge of unit test frameworks such as QUnit and PyUnit
- Able to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving team
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Work is highly visible, high impact – able to handle pressure
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.