Senior Systems Engineer
Who you are:
You have a variety of interests – programming and/or scripting, data analysis, DevOps practices, IT architecture, and generally being Agile. You have a track record of technical leadership and understand the value monitoring can bring to a business. Helping or training colleagues isn’t a nuisance to you, but a priority. You’re curious, you like to learn, and you can do so reasonably quickly.
Your next challenge:
- Taking ownership of all layers of our alerting pipeline (analysis, visualization and correlation, data processing, tool integration).
- Be Familiar with: Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, and other automation tools to enable you to run a large-scale Splunk deployment in the cloud.
- Leading the introduction and adoption of a metrics collection and analysis platform.
- Diving into terabytes of operational data to learn about the performance of apps and services – turn your insight into dashboards and actionable alerts.
- Designing monitoring for AWS services and applications running in AWS.
- Learning new technologies and how to monitor or use them – you might run into stats/metrics collection systems, container orchestration platforms, config management apps, CI/CD tools, or an assortment of AWS services on any given day.
- Dreaming up better ways to communicate operational insights across the business.
- Applying user-centered design and product management principles to deliver interesting and useful internal products.
- Act as Enterprise Monitoring on-call engineer on a rotating basis.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated technical leadership ability.
- Systems architecture experience - metrics pipeline and/or big data work a plus.
- Able to communicate what you have learned as a participant in multiple software development and/or DevOps projects.
- A consulting mindset and ability to teach teams how to use our services.
- Willingness to work with developers to instrument code.
- Knowledge of and use source code management and continuous integration.
- Advanced understanding of the Linux environment
- Data aptitude – Splunk and/or metrics (Statsd, Prometheus, CollectD, CloudWatch) knowledge ideal.
- Strong data analysis skills; particularly performance engineering and application performance monitoring; background in statistics a plus
- Have worked with AWS services and infrastructure-as-code in the cloud (Terraform, CloudFormation, or other).
- Knowledge of configuration management practices and experience with one or more tool(s) (Puppet, SSM, Chef)
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace