Senior Technical Support Engineer at Flexport
Flexport is looking for Senior Technical Support Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Senior Technical Support Engineers, you are responsible for administering SaaS & Client platform technologies. You have expertise in SaaS administration including GSuite, O365, SSO, AD, etc, as well as Client Platforms including Mac, Windows. You are passionate about solving problems and helping internal customers. You like to continuously look for ways to improve all aspects of IT processes by looking for ways to automate & deploy innovative repeatable processes.You will:
- Partner with IT, Security, and Engineering teams to support, deploy, and maintain secure system infrastructure, SaaS ecosystem & Client Platforms aligned to internal standards and industry best practices
- Perform administration activities across our environments including servers, end user client devices and SaaS applications such as GSuite, O365, Okta, Slack, Bluejeans, WSO, etc.
- Serve as the primary escalation channel for support-related technical issues
- Develop, refine and support end user device management with a structured process around patching, testing and deploying upgrades.
- Proactively monitor SaaS applications & infrastructure, aggressively communicate and help troubleshoot any issues as appropriate
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation
- Coordinate activities with cross-functional stakeholders to plan scheduled maintenance or updates
- Develop and maintain clear and thorough technical documentation as it pertains to operating procedures, change management, inventories, etc.
- Perform other tasks as requested and prioritized by the TechOps Manager
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 5-8+ years of system engineering experience in a fast-paced global environment
- 2+ years of experience and expert level knowledge in maintaining Linux systems and open-source services
- 2+ years of experience with administration of collaboration & communication technologies such as GSuite, O365, Slack etc
- 2+ years of experience administering SSO, AD as well as Client Platforms such as Mac, Windows etc
- Basic understanding of networking technologies
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with a diverse, and globally distributed team
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Atlanta, Seattle, and Chicago. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.About Flexport:
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.