Software Dev Engineer (Java, full stack)
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
You are an experienced engineer, capable of thriving in a complex technical environment, producing excellent documentation, and interacting with many teams across the organization. The position requires a solid knowledge of the Java ecosystem, its most common Open Source libraries and frameworks, Spring and Spring Boot in particular.
- Design and implement highly scalable, and reliable applications and components.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems.
- Work closely with architects, product leads, and developers.
- Advocate for best practices, great code quality and supportability.
- Help other developers take advantage of new technologies.
- Participate in and lead code reviews.
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development.
- 5+ years development experience
- Technical proficiency in developing high-performance, scalable web applications
- The ability to translate functional specifications into high-performance technical designs and code.
- Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality, and the application of good object-orientated programming techniques
- Ability to help define technical and architecture strategy for their team by working with other technology leaders throughout the organization
- Experience with a service oriented architecture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members in different time zones and cultures
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.