Software Development Engineer-1 at Expedia Group
At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
We want you to bring your techie skills to our agile environment as we move from revolutionizing the web to redefining the mobile travel experience. From the back-end supply and database functions, to new user-interfaces for our more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of technical innovation.
What’s in it for you? Beyond travel perks and other competitive benefits, you can walk away from work each day knowing you truly made an impact. You can create a new feature that goes on the live site. You can build programs that streamline our backend search and supply processes. You can help localize content and systems globally. And you can do this all while working alongside smart, passionate techies who love travel to their core.
What are you waiting for? Join our team this summer and apply today!
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
- Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
- Work in a team to design, spec, and schedule a component or feature of 1-4 weeks of duration.
- Provide quality implementation of a component or feature (typically 1-4 weeks in duration) with peer and manager support.
- Provide improvements to solutions for a given problem.
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Support development of documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Approach technical staff for help and training when necessary.
- Collaborate with and learn from all members of technical staff.
- Learn to contribute to requirement definition process.
- Assist with judgment calls with peer and manager input/assistance.
- Anticipated graduation of December 2017 or May/June 2018 with a BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, HTML5
- Experience in systems software and algorithms.
- Experience in network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.