Software Development Engineer (Full Stack) at Expedia Group
Do you want to transform the experience of millions of travelers the world over? Do you love working with a creative engineering team in building an intelligent, scalable and personalized travel assistance platform? Do you want to create a world-class React web application with rich and intuitive user interface that will be used by business partners in the travel industry? Our goal is to build the best portal experience for the conversational bot platform that can allow easy management for our business partners.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop new platform services to enhance our technology platform.
- Contribute to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed environment (our stack satisfies 60K+ requests per second).
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry standard methodologies.
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Build and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar, Jenkins, and others.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and participate in efforts toward solutions.
- Showcase your work on our tech blog, tech talks, and internal & external conferences.
Technologies we use:
- GraphQL, Node.js, Java, Kotlin, React, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB, Spark, S3, AWS, Lambda, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, Scala, New Relic, Data Dog, Looker.
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience (Java preferred).
- A good foundation of Agile principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering high-quality user experience.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.