Software Development Engineer II (Back End) at Expedia Group
Our team is looking for hardworking software engineers wanting to get involved in one of the most important and complex spaces in all of Expedia Group. Our goal is to build out an elite team of engineers, focused on developing customer centric eCommerce solutions for partners and travelers on the Expedia Group marketplace. Together, building the future of Expedia Group by solving complex business ideas with state of the art technology.
As a member of the team, you will be at the forefront of our business strategy, building services that support the travel industry strategies that continue to expand our global marketplace. If you are customer centric, open-minded engineer that enjoys working in a data-driven agile environment, this is the job for you!
Technologies we use:
Java, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB, S3, AWS, Lambdas, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, New Relic, Datadog, Terraform.
What you’ll do:
- Use your creativity, first class engineering skills, and technical knowledge to deliver features and improvements in an agile fashion.
- Design and develop scalable and highly available platform services to enhance our technology platform.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to develop new capabilities.
- Participate in our innersource culture by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization.
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and at internal and external conferences.
Technologies we use:
- AWS, Docker, Mesos, Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL, Java, Scala, GraphQL, Kotlin, Git, Splunk, NewRelic, Jenkins, NodeJs
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Passionate about rapidly learning new software skills and technologies
- Writing clean and elegant technical solutions is part of your DNA
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.