Software Development Engineer II – Media Solutions Full Stack
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
The advertising team at Expedia is looking for engineers to build new platforms that flawlessly serve our content to millions of users. We value rigor and creativity in our development process and believe in the power of a motivated & empowered development team. There is so much we want to do and we need strong engineers who can navigate distributed systems, solve challenging problems, and jump into new projects. Your work will touch systems at scale that reach people all around the world, while having a significant impact on our business. We connect travelers with meaningful destinations. Expedia Group has revolutionized the travel industry by applying technology and we are committed to enabling travelers through continued innovation. We are focused on building relevant experiences and our products aren't just about monetization, they align with our passion for travel. We help customize the shopping experience for each user and bring them closer to their next big adventure.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to leverage the latest technologies, define new platform features and develop the technical product backlog
- You will engineer scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads across all Expedia Inc. pages
- Implement custom advertising solutions on web pages owned by other teams within the company
- You will contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing Expedia technologies and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
Who you are:
- Strong technical background with 4+ years of relevant experience in technical development
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS, and the standards for each, including working with all major modern browsers
- You have a structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and an identifiable appreciation of object oriented design
- You are dedicated to writing and maintaining high quality code
- You possess a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Consistent record of shipping high quality products in high load production environments, world-class enterprise and/or e-commerce systems
- Experienced with web application frameworks, such as Spring MVC, Node.js, ASP.NET
- You have previous experience with online advertising
- You are adept at investigating and optimizing web performance
- Expertise with web analytics tools or processes
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, tconsider Expedia Group.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.