Software Development Engineer II (SDE II)
Expedia Group is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the eCP team is at the heart of that mission. eCP provides a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Together, we enable each of our customer transactions to flow seamlessly from the click of the 'book' button on one of our brand sites all the way through to our general ledger system and into the P&L. By bringing together product, technology and operations, we accelerate innovation, enable test and learn, and constantly push ourselves to evolve and innovate for the future.
What you’ll do:
- Be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- Teach and mentor junior developers in project implementation methodology.
Who you are:
- A self-starter who is consistently looking to innovate and find ways to enhance our customer’s experience, with ability to own epics from end to end.
- Strong technical proficiency, capable of problem solving and applying critical thinking. A deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms and data structures.
- Elegant technical designs are part of your DNA.
- Strong coding skills
- Strong communication skills. You articulate your ideas to peers and leaders, providing details and understanding of your approach. You keep solid documentation.
- Proven ability to collaborate among peers, leaders and across functions and business groups. You enjoy and take pride in the work of the team.
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Prior experience working with distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- 3+ years Software Development work experience (using any mainstream programming language)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.