Software Development Engineer II at Expedia Group
Are you an experienced software developer looking for their next full stack development opportunity?
Do you love crafting memorable experiences for customers across multiple websites?
Are you ready to help people go places?
- Deliver high-quality code that is designed to be scalable, responsive & resilient.
- Learn and pick up on new technologies & existing technology stacks
- Take ownership on all Technical issues that surround Comet Technology
- Identify & mitigate risks/issues in your scope of the problem space
- Keep open channels of communication among team members; we work collaboratively
- 3+ years of Experience in Software Development
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding and/or experience in cloud-based deployment & infrastructure – AWS preferred
- Desired – Understanding of Messaging, caching, NoSQL infrastructure such as Kafka, rabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB etc.
- Solid written & oral communication skills
- Demonstrates a good sense of ownership on work you're doing
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.