Software Development Engineer II
We are looking for a passionate and skilled full stack technologist/developer to join the Expedia Global Product Team. This person will be a key contributor to our software development and operational responsibilities for our internal portfolio tools. They should have a passion for development and technology with a ready and willing attitude to take on new challenges in support of some of the most impactful work and teams within Expedia. Work will range from development of custom software applications, dashboards and reporting, to system and data integration/analysis, to assisting in routine operational support.
This is a unique opportunity to join the largest online travel agency in the world, and help shape the future of the top lodging initiatives within the Expedia Worldwide Engineering organization.
- You'll have the opportunity to design and implement scalable and reliable web applications and services.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- You'll participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality, flexibility and the application of good object-orientated programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement in our software and development process within an agile development team.
- 4+ years' experience as a software development engineer
- Previous development experience with scalable full-stack web applications
- Passionate, self-starting entrepreneurial attitude, always ready to learn
- Ability to multitask and adjust to an ever-changing environment
- Critical thinking: there are always options; you will be adept at identifying them, evaluating options and concisely communicate them to your peers.
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- AngularJS, React or Vue.js: Proficient/Expert level preferred
- MS SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB): Proficient
- C# or Java: Expert level
- Github: Proficient
- DevOps Experience preferred
- AWS or Azure Experience preferred
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.