Software Development Engineer II
Expedia’s Global Customer Operations Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year – with a global brand portfolio and workforce.
We're looking for a highly capable, motivated Software Engineer to join us in building best-in-class customer focused software. Our team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia's customers and partners to contact us for assistance as they travel around the world. You would be an important part of a growing team using the newest technology to improve our customer experience across voice, web, and mobile platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip. In this role, you will be a leader, influencer, and contributor across our technology.
In this role, you will build and mature the full stack of the application for Expedia’s on-premises and cloud-based application platforms, collaborating to solve big challenges in the data ecosystem: business oriented operations, providing cloud agnostic API services, intelligent monitoring/alerting of location agnostic data platforms, federated processing etc.
If you have strong web development skills and enjoy building a web-based application end-to-end on a modern full technology stack, this is the place for you. Add a healthy passion for wrestling with large datasets and a desire to build automation tools, and you'll be set apart from the crowd.
If teamwork, respect, ownership, recognition, trust, simplification, and test-and-learn speaks to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we definitely want to talk to you.
Technologies we used: React, AWS, Kafka, GraphQL, Node.js, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Docker, Splunk, Jenkins
What you will do
- You will participate the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems
- You'll produce scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- You'll support and follow the Expedia Software Development Lifecycle
- You will collaborate with Engineers, Program Managers, Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment
- You'll join the development of web applications as part of the engineering team
- You will work with the product team to quickly prototype and iterate on new ideas - and you'll create fast, easy-to-use, and intuitive applications
Who are you?
- 4 - 7+ years of experience in both front-end and backend development.
- Experience building full-stack applications with React, Node.js on AWS infrastructure
- A passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles in a dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A BA/BS degree in technical field or related discipline preferred.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.