Software Development Engineer II at Expedia Group
As a Software Development Engineer II in Expedia Partner Solutions, you will translate requirements into code, perform testing and debugging tasks, and develop software in conjunction with peers and senior engineer mentors in a small team environment. Expect to become an integral part of the team, communicating regularly with your teammates, and adhere to software engineering processes established by the team. As you gain in experience and knowledge, you will be expected to propose improvements to designs and processes.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop services and web applications to support online travel affiliates.
- Work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications.
- Develop code and unit tests in a continuously integrated environment.
- Promote good development methodologies via code review and great software design.
- Work with our quality engineers to automate testing and make sure all issues are bug free.
- Provide estimates and commitments for deliverables for each sprint.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development experience
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years of relevant experience
- Java, C#, or C++ coding or similar development experience.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to work well with people, be highly self-motivated and motivating to others
- Proven ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Committed and passionate about delivering high-quality work
- Should have a strong background in computer fundamentals: data processing, run times, network protocols, memory management, appropriate data structures.
- Ability to design software and algorithms to tackle problems or model specific scenarios.
- Understanding of threading, concurrency and problems that can result from concurrent processing.
- Ability to quickly find and resolve software problems from a stack trace or thread dump.
- Ability to debug software using standard tools.
- Basic understanding of http protocol.
- Good partnership between teams in designing solutions.
- Knowledge of basic Unix command line tools, modern automated development and test frameworks.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience in Test driven development or unit testing.
- Experience processing data from different sources, such as XML, soap services, REST services, and JSON, is a plus.
- Distributed caching and data storage is nice to have.
- Experience working with web applications deployed to cluster or cloud environment. Including handling state, deploying data across distributed servers and distributed caching preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.