Software Development Engineer II
Brand Specific Description:
Expedia’s Global Customer Operations Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year – with a rapidly growing global brand portfolio and workforce.
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love working on creative, highly-scalable Microservices and Web Applications? Does working for a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
As a Level II Software Development Engineer within GCO, you will work with a dynamic group of product managers, architects and engineers to deliver a sophisticated, next-generation customer service platform at enterprise scale. You will provide insight and hand’s on engineering as we build an innovative suite of products and services, integrating seamlessly within our broad ecosystem.
In this role, you will be a critical member of a growing team which is using the newest technology to enable an effortless customer experience across voice, web, mobile and social network platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their flawless trip.
What you'll do:
- You will work alongside a diverse team of engineers, collaborating closely across GCO and Expedia’s brand engineering teams.
- You'll collaborate across our Product Management, Architecture and Engineering teams and with other partners to provide technical direction and architectural input into product development roadmaps.
- You will partner with Systems Engineering and Operations teams to develop platform operational features and ensure effective delivery of platform availability, quality and performance.
- You'll implement proof of concepts and pilots to accelerate the onboarding of new technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience with user Interface design, responsive design and client-side architecture.
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies and services with Amazon AWS or equivalent.
- Good communication, presentation skills and the ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences (including executive leadership).
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team.
- A strong passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and exciting environment.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.