Software Development Engineer in Test II at EagleView
If you are a Software Development Engineer in Test II (SDET) seeking new, exciting challenges where you can make an impact working with the leader in aerial imagery, machine learning derived data analytics and software, helping customers in different industries use property insights for smarter planning, building and living, here is an opportunity tailored for you!
As a member of our agile scrum teams you will be responsible for driving quality processes and helping the teams met their quality goals and standards. You will work on automation design, creation and execution, as may also be asked to assist with tool harnesses and frameworks. Additionally you will be responsible for working closely with the developers to understand the application design, develop test plans, write test cases for functional, integration and performance testing and execute them on our core next generation platform features. Here you will get a chance to utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive EagleView's success.
• Work on all stages of a product from conception to completion. Know the business features well and how testing can make a difference in the marketplace.
• Identify risk-based testing goals and drive the team to build not just a good but a great product.
• Represent quality in any technical discussion, decision and design involved during product development.
• Work with other SDETs to maintain and develop automation framework and write detailed test cases for a variety of products including backend systems, microservices, Web interfaces, Android, and IOS mobile devices.
• Create and manage testing schedules and execute test cases and report results. Collect and analyze multiple metrics around testing.
• Work closely with Technical Product Managers, Developers and other SDETS to ensure that the right level of automation is in place.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams such as product management, software engineering etc. to estimate effort, plan implementation and deliver well thought out, high quality solutions.
• Proactively look for potential quality issues. Moderate Technical Reviews and run Root Cause Analysis sessions.
• Investigate industry standard testing methodologies and technologies and incorporate them into the technical stack as justified
• May also create and execute performance, load, and/or security test suites.
- 3 – 5 years' experience in software testing and/or development including the following:
- creating and executing automated tests suites.
- Strong knowledge of Golang/C++/C#/Java or similar programing language, Data structures, OOPS concepts and its applications
- Understanding of Web Technologies like HTTP, REST
- Knowledge of Database concepts and query languages like SQL etc.
- Experience testing service-oriented architecture
- Hands on experience with manual and automated testing of mobile applications
- Hands-on Experience with Automation Tools/Frameworks like Selenium, Appium, WebDriver, Postman, TestNG, Cucumber (BDD), Gradle, Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and implement new technologies
- Knowledge of Micro Services Technologies using REST, gRPC etc.
- Knowledge of ORM technologies and their application
- Hands on experience with Performance Testing and Load Testing tools like JMeter
- Experience creating automation frameworks or harnesses.
- Familiarity working with AWS deployed services