Software Development Manager at RealSelf
About the Role:
We're seeking an experienced leader to build out and guide an agile sprint team of Full Stack Engineers that helps us build stronger connections between our customers and doctors through our platform. Millions of visitors use RealSelf each month to find procedures and connect with highly qualified doctors. Our Software Development Managers (SDMs) help guide strategy for our front-end architecture to back-end services, provide input on our 2020 goals surrounding internationalization, site traffic, and more, and have a significant impact on the organization. The SDM is decisive, likes to solve problems, is a critical and creative thinker, can work across diverse teams within the organization, and is known for being a supportive team player.
Our teams have an opportunity for high impact and thrive in a modern stack with a strong emphasis on SOA execution leveraging modern technologies and SDLC. We invest in our people's professional development and create real career pathways for growth. Some examples of areas we actively collaborate include:
- Personalized user search experience building on Elasticsearch and Kinesis leveraging the power of data science.
- Facilitating virtual engagement between customers and doctors when physical consultation is not an option.
- Trusted e-commerce experiences connecting our customers, partners, and providers.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with product management, analytics, marketing, sales, and finance to drive innovation by identifying new opportunities and actionable engineering opportunities.
- Work with stakeholders for the marketplace team and prioritizing requests for engineering support
- Take a leadership role in developing and advancing our full-stack platform systems
- Build and enhance support services and server functionality
- Foster engineering collaboration with product leaders and user experience designers
- Learn the business and contributing technically to product and business aspects of RealSelf
You might be the right fit if you have:
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Are action-oriented and lean into collaborative decision-making
- A solid understanding of A/B testing that delivers significant results
- Thrive on idea generation and innovative, creative problem solving
- Focus on rapport and relationship-building to achieve results
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
This role is open to fully remote candidates in most states.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.