Software Development Manager at Limeade
Limeade is an employee experience software company on a mission to transform work into a source of positivity, energy, humanity, and purpose. Founded in 2006, Limeade is a pioneer in the HR technology industry and is consistently recognized for its own award-winning culture. Today, Limeade solutions are used in approximately 100 countries around the globe. We help every employee know their company cares - and deliver people and business results that matter. Limeade partners with its customers to transform the overall employee experience by helping to improve employee well-being, engagement, and sense of inclusion - in addition to reducing the risk of unwanted turnover and burnout. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com (AXS listing: LME)
About the role:
Limeade is looking for a seasoned manager to join the R&D organization and lead our Front-end Web development team. The team owns the web technology across the Limeade products, striving to deliver excellent technology solutions that support delightful features and user experiences. You'll care for people through their career development, nurture team culture, define and guide the team’s technology plans, and closely collaborate with the rest of R&D and our Product and Design teams.
We are looking for you if:
- You are passionate about providing solutions that delight customers
- You have a track record of delivering high quality, testable software and services on time
- You have a strong understanding of web development, modern frameworks and environments – including React and cloud-based development
- You have experience developing distributed, high-performance solutions
- You are well-versed in SOLID principles, design patterns, SOA, OOAD and agile development best practices.
- You have a strong understanding of REST-based web services APIs
- You are results-driven, guided by principles and best practices, and thrive in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- You are a creative problem solver and pay attention to detail
- Lead your development team in building features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Contribute your voice to a strong and empathetic engineering culture.
- Drive technology improvements. Collaborate with your team, peers and leaders to implement a technology roadmap that supports, considers and informs feature development.
- Seek and improve key metrics that define success in development processes and code quality. Work with your team to steadily measure, understand and improve.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor the team with an emphasis on growth, talent and diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- BS degree or higher in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience with a focus on web technologies
- Experience with React-based architectures and scalable Azure or equivalent cloud environments
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years experience as a successful manager of software development teams
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.