Software Development Manager
ServiceNow, The Enterprise Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers in designing, developing and supporting next generation of our services. This role will require you to interface with various teams(technical and business), understand their business needs and deliver highly reliable and easy to use solutions that enhance business efficiency. The successful candidate will have an established background in resolving customers’ incidents/problems, developing mission critical software solutions, a strong technical ability, excellent project management and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Ability to drive roadmap, work across organizational boundaries and exercise appropriate influence to ensure commitment to customers and product quality
- Lead daily incident triaging, RCA and resolution
- Manage customer escalations
- Prioritize issues and bring them to resolution
- Manage on-call calander
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience managing software development teams along with support responsibilities delivering high quality enterprise ready software
- Experience with server side development and LAMP stack
- Knowledge of source code control systems; Perforce, CVS, SVC or Git
- Strong and proven ability to hire top talent and build out winning teams
- Solid understanding of software development, debugging, testing, and problem solving
- Experience building scalable web services, and distributed applications
- Deep knowledge of web development frameworks
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Exposure to DevOps culture
- Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon, OpenStack, Azure
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Experience working with a continuous integration environment