Software Development Manager
Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. Flexe is transforming the $1.6T logistics industry.
The Software Development Manager is responsible for leading a team of software engineers to build scalable and flexible warehouse management systems. You will own hiring, coaching and career development of your direct reports. You will own the technical vision and roadmap of the warehouse management system and relevant APIs. You will work with a cross functional team including product management, project management, design, operations, business development, and executive teams to bring ideas to market. A successful candidate will be strong in developing software engineering teams as well as building successful customer facing software products.
[20%] Hire, manage, and grow a software engineering team.
[20%] Work with product managers on strategy and roadmap development for short, medium and long term.
[30%] Work with engineering to make sure our software architecture is highly available and scalable.
[30%] Promote best practices in software design, development, test and deployment.
- 5 years of hands-on software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in managing, mentoring, and leading software engineering teams.
- A proven track record of building successful enterprise or consumer facing products as a software engineer, tech lead or software development manager.
- Excellent software project management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Deep understanding of software architecture and software development best practices.
- Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Startup and Supply Chain experience is a plus.
- Warehouse Management System Experience
The salary range for this role is $184,500 to $215,300 depending, in part, on candidate location. Recruiting will confirm the specific range for the candidate location in the initial phone screen. All employees receive company equity as part of their compensation package. As part of our pay for performance based pay program, this role is eligible to potentially receive merit bonuses of up to 15% of base salary foe exceeding expectations.
Our benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help our employees lead healthy lives inside and outside of work.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- 4 weeks of paid time off, an additional 13 paid company holidays (10 standard holidays, 2 floating holidays and -your birthday!)
- 2 days of volunteer PTO
- 12 weeks of company-paid parental leave
- Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid work environment
- $300 home office stipend and monthly home internet reimbursement
- Employee support groups, social groups, and mentorship program
- Employee-driven programs for volunteering
- Manager development program and resources
- Access to free LinkedIn Learning courses
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allow Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision.