Due to COVID-19, Knock is currently operating as a remote company and all interviews will be conducted over phone or Zoom video calls. We plan to return to an office setting eventually, but that timeline has yet to be determined. When we do re-open our office, we will do so in a manner that is safe and comfortable for our employees and partners. We will continue to be remote-friendly for most employees and have opened up most of our positions to be either Seattle-based, hybrid office/work from home, or completely remote. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are based in the US.
Knock is looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer who loves solving problems and developing solutions that delight our customers. As a member of our growing API/Syndication team, you will be responsible for contributing to the design work, development and maintenance of this product. This position has the opportunity to be remote full time, hybrid work from home / in office (eventually), or mostly office-based (also eventually), and will report directly to the Director of Software Architecture. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Engineering and Product teams consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry.
Day - to - Day
- Coding to support the ongoing development of this product.
- Involved in design work and team collaboration activities (ex: coordination around designs, unblocking engineers, becoming an owner of a particular area)
- Participate in code reviews
30 / 60 / 90 Day Expectations
- 30 days - You are getting familiar with Knock and our stack, processes and best practices.
- 60 days - You will be transitioning to handle more involved tasks
- 90 days - You will be actively doing the job alongside everyone else
- Degree in CS or bootcamp certificate, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to be adaptable and quickly pick up new things/skills
- Desired personal attributes: Curiosity, problem solving, collaborative, openness (you give and take constructive feedback, high attention to detail and a sense of quality.
- Experience with databases
- Experience with automated testing
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm focused on the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the awesome #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
2021 Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work
2021 Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Companies to Work
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily®
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!