Software Engineer -Server side (Node.js) and Frontend (ReactJs)
- Make a positive difference in other people's lives through your work - we’re not selling ads - we’re revolutionizing healthcare for all
- Grow your skills in modern cloud technologies on a small, passionate team
- Enjoy our fancy digs in the Smith Tower
Xealth, one of Geekwire’s 10 most exciting startups, is growing!
We’re improving healthcare for everyone by enabling doctors and patients to easily access digital content and services that are relevant, timely, and targeted. Incubated at Providence, we’re disrupting healthcare from the inside and are on a mission to change lives through technology.
We’re still small, but are growing rapidly and hiring engineers at every level. We build responsive web applications, develop custom recommendation engines, and run on a modern cloud-based platform - all while integrating tightly into 3rd party EMR and practice management systems. We’re a skilled, passionate team with a track record of success - and are thrilled to be applying our efforts improving healthcare options for everyone.
We're growing our team, and looking for a fullstack engineer to join us in a role with strong mentorship and career development prospects. We offer a unique opportunity to do something meaningful in a fantastic work environment while developing your engineering skills in a variety of modern web technologies.
- Contribute to the development of efficient, scalable web applications
- Develop RESTful Web Services and other APIs
- Work in a cross-functional team that reaches across our entire product
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Other interesting tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous fullstack and/or backend development experience, ideally with a focus on Web Applications, SaaS, Cloud, or related in a Open Source or Public Cloud environment
- Degree in Computer Science, ideally including coursework in algorithms, data structures, software design, operating systems, and/or strong CS fundamentals
- Public code or a cool personal project to share
- Experience with Open Source technologies including Linux and Docker, or working with public cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- An interest in the healthcare industry
- A desire to learn and expand your abilities in a small, cross-functional team
Xealth enables healthcare teams to order digital content and services as easily as they do medications today. Patients can then access these digital health prescriptions from the provider's portal, so that they can actively manage their health - improving both client care, and the doctor-client relationship.
Xealth was incubated in Providence Ventures last year with an open charter to disrupt healthcare. Based in Seattle, the company was founded by the team of serial entrepreneurs behind Swype, an innovative keyboard that shipped on over one billion phones, and Boost Mobile, now Sprint's prepaid mobile service generating over five billion in revenue.
We’re energized by the idea that we can help both doctors and patients be better, and landed an initial investment of $8.5 million last June.