We believe that mobile voice calls should be secure, engaging, and protected from fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, and that the mobile network—as the largest communications network of any kind—urgently needs a trust and identity layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the voice experience. We already serve over 140 million users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with smartphone makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to join our engineering team on the road to help us serve 1 billion users?
We are looking for a curious and versatile Software Engineer to join our team and help kickstart a new product. We are pushing the boundaries on an end-to-end problem with voice calls that requires creative exploration and a multitude of technologies, from back-end APIs to mobile device behaviors.
As a Software Engineer for this new product, you will:
- Experiment with new technologies in innovative ways to monitor and collect data from mobile devices
- Design and build capabilities on the back-end to process phone experience data
- Lead and manage the end-to-end development and evolution of new features
- Learn about and work with other product teams to evolve this new product
- Work with other engineers at Hiya to find effective solutions to engineering problems
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other partners to balance big ambitions & creative ideas with steady delivery
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we believe these are important requirements for this role:
- Basic experience with Android development (iOS is a plus)
- Experience with a front-end web framework, like ReactJS
- Back-end experience with APIs, preferably using Node.js
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Pragmatic about technology and focused on impact and deliverables
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent years of industry experience
You'll be an important member of our team to help us serve customers, making phone calls better for everyone.
Hiya is a fast-growing startup that values getting things done for our customers and consistently improving ourselves and products along the way. We are a group of doers with a culture of support and collaboration.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position is based in Seattle. However, for the foreseeable future we are ok with remote work (US Pacific time zone). We'll support you during these difficult times, and we'll be flexible about relocation.