Software Engineering Manager, Administration at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (PST) on Monday, April 26, 2021
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We’re currently hiring an Engineering Manager to be part of the Administration Experience Engineering team. Many of our customers are larger enterprise organizations. These companies care about security and want to make sure their employees access vendors' platforms with the minimum privileges required, using their enterprise credentials and complying with their security policies. At the same time, they need to manage their relationship with Auth0 in a centralized way. The Administration Experience Engineering team is committed to providing administrators in large organizations the seamless, transparent, and secure experience they expect from an enterprise-ready SaaS product.
The team responsibilites:
- Account governance - deliver centralized, enterprise-ready account management capabilities at the customer level that allow administrators transparency and full control over how the resources are managed within their subscription.
- Team Management - enable administrators to bring their teams to collaborate within our product in a secure way, honoring the least privilege access principle, and facilitate the tasks of managing their access over time.
- Team Security - further secure the access of customer’s team members to the Auth0 dashboards and APIs by supporting integrations with their company directory, configuring identity preferences and policies, and having visibility into enhanced audit logs.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and grow a healthy, inclusive, collaborative team rooted in the opportunities they’re creating for customers.
- Ensure each person on the team is broadening and deepening their skills through coaching, training, and mentoring.
- Collaborate with product and design to build a product delivery roadmap.
- Lead your team to execute the product delivery roadmap.
- Tie every piece of work back to the mission of making the internet safer and the business value of making it easier for companies to solve Auth.
- Have the opportunity to gain a great understanding and context about how Auth0 works and learn more about security protocols and how to build reliable, highly available systems.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience leading a full-stack software development team.
- Skilled at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Experience providing focus to teams to enable them to achieve their goals.
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during design and development.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Like to lead by example.
- Are a great communicator and communication facilitator.
Bonus points for:
- Working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Building SaaS products for enterprise.
- Building highly reliable, scalable systems, leveraging either Node.js or Golang as the programming language, and with MongoDB or Postgresql as database.
- Working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.