Software Engineering Manager
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment? Do you enjoy working across multiple teams to solve challenging and high impact problems—from a business and technical perspective? Can you lead a team of hungry software engineers building every step of customer’s journey? As a Software Engineering Manager on Expedia’s CarRentals team, you will manage a team of software engineers to develop highly available, business impacting solutions. You'll engage stakeholders across the company, define business opportunities and then drive end-to-end solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to provide high quality technology products to our customers.
- Work closely with technical leaders, business partners and product managers to define and articulate technical requirements, communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases.
- Participate in and lead design and architecture reviews. Build and maintain a long-term vision and technical roadmap, as well as negotiate tight timelines to keep key initiatives on schedule.
- Build and cultivate an environment of innovation, collaboration and solid execution, ensuring the team understands strategic goals, product and future technology roadmaps.
Who You Are:
- Seasoned full stack software engineer with experience building and delivering solutions at scale.
- 3+ years’ experience as a development manager for large scale projects.
- Hires and develops great people.
- Demonstrate a team-first mentality with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across disciplines and organizations.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.