Sr. QA Engineer - Mobile Client at DoubleDown Interactive LLC
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are looking for curious Software Test Engineers with a passion and drive for quality. As a member of our Client QA team at DoubleDown you'll work closely with our development team to ensure the functional and aesthetic integrity and efficient design of our next generation of features and products. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of our tech stack and work closely with other QA teams to develop manual and automated validation strategies for upcoming features. If you're an 'A Player' with a strong customer focus, open source technology experience, and a passion for test development, we want to talk to you!
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- The ideal candidate will love playing social games and finding defects.
- Natural ability to identify issues with great attention to detail.
- Experience with software test design, planning, and execution for high volume web services.
- Experience with software test methodologies, test processes, and agile development processes.
- Experience with UI, functional and integration testing.
- Experience with ticket/bug tracking systems such as Jira or other bug tools.
- 5+ years in software test planning and test cases design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
Other cards you might be holding
- Strong test aptitude and customer focus orientation, games experience is a plus.
- Automated test development experience is a plus.
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- This role involves designing and developing test plans, test cases, and BVT tests from specs for our social gaming platforms.
- Working closely with QA, Producers, and Development teams to identify problems and issues.
- Design, develop, and run test cases on new features and games.
- Drive the quality standard of new features and games throughout their development lifecycle.
- Create documentation and troubleshooting guides for new features.
- Working with production and development teams to create internal processes for development testing and post launch update tests.
- Collaborating with the development teams in design reviews and software test process reviews.
Hitting the jackpot
Are you passionate about quality and testing? Do you love playing mobile and social games? Then this is the opportunity for you! We are looking for passionate Software Test Engineers to test our ever growing library of mobile games! Your technical and testing expertise will be critical towards delivering quality solutions for our new apps and features. In this role, you can make a difference each and every day!
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over a video game, ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to our kitchen or coffee bar fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason why we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer; we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.