Sr Reliability Engineer (Capacity Planning) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This position is with the ServiceNow Capacity Planning and Analytics Team.
The responsibilities and function of a Staff Capacity Planning Engineer are to provide capacity demand planning, forecasting, cost measurement, analysis, and reporting for Servicenow's global cloud infrastructure. This person should have the knowledge and acumen to understand many technical concepts in power density, server resource management, and data center architecture design across Servicenow's Infrastructure elements.
Routine duties include data analysis and evaluation of current and historical capacity utilization and trends. Developing and tuning predictive models, identifying resource bottlenecks, trend analysis, and forecasting capacity growth is also required. The position also involves problem-solving, extensive reporting, and robust deep analytics skills to provide data-driven recommendations and solutions to different teams.
What you get to do in this Role:
- Leverage capacity analysis expertise to develop and communicate actionable insights, including capacity utilization, health metrics, and KPI's
- Staff level engagement across GCS organization to drive deep adoption of capacity planning systems and processes
- Develop new and optimize existing supply and demand models using predictive algorithms to forecast capacity demand with precision.
- Partner with cloud analytics team to provide data, collection, sanitization, normalization, querying, and storage of capacity data.
- Deliver solution design specifications and technical requirements for the development and improvement of capacity planning tools and data systems
To be successful in this role you have:
- Required BS Degree or MS in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of capacity demand process, forecasting and planning concepts
- Deep understanding of forecasting models, econometric and causal data analytics, algorithm development, data correlation and patterns detection
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skill with strong cross-organizational engagement
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform architecture including CMDB, and instance topology
- Experience using programming languages SQL/Python/R to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proven ability to develop data visualizations and insights with Excel, Tableau, or other BI tools
- 2+ years' experience with supporting Big Data solutions using processing frameworks such as Pig, Spark, and MapReduce
- 3+ years advanced knowledge working with a wide variety of RDMS systems featuring SQL, NoSQL, HDFS, Python, R and related languages to develop, automate and manage data applications, transformations, and pipelines at scale.
- 2 years working with infrastructure or cloud infrastructure, SASS, IAAS, FinTech, capacity planning, supply chain, or data analytics environments.
- Experience working with highly scalable data systems for real-time analysis, and reporting using technologies like: Impala, Hive, Spark, and Hadoop environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.