Sr. Software Dev Engineer
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
The advertising team at Expedia is looking for engineers to build new platforms that flawlessly serve our content to millions of users. We value rigor and creativity in our development process and believe in the power of a motivated & empowered development team. There is so much we want to do and we need strong engineers who can navigate distributed systems, solve challenging problems, and jump into new projects. Your work will touch systems at scale that reach people all around the world, while having a significant impact on our business. We connect travelers with meaningful destinations. Expedia Group has revolutionized the travel industry by applying technology and we are committed to enabling travelers through continued innovation. We are focused on building relevant experiences and our products aren't just about monetization, they align with our passion for travel. We help customize the shopping experience for each user and bring them closer to their next big adventure.
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Developer who will find new ways to delight our users & help conceptualize and build the next generation of our advertising products. We work in small teams with the freedom to creatively define and solve problems. Our platform is diverse and you will have the opportunity to learn, innovate, and own new technologies & direction as we rapidly iterate on our services for users and developers.Responsibilities:
- Take a leadership role on a medium-sized team of developers
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to leverage the latest technologies, define new platform features and build the technical product backlog
- Engineer scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads across all Expediagroup.com pages
- Implement custom advertising solutions on web pages owned by other teams within the company
- Contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing Expedia technologies and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of relevant experience in technical development
- 7+ years experience in Java (or similar) development
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS, and the standards for each, including working with all major modern browsers
- Proven track record of shipping high quality products in high load production environments, world-class enterprise and/or ecommerce systems
- Structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object oriented design
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Dedication to writing and maintaining high quality code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as Spring MVC
- Experience with online advertising
- Experience investigating and optimizing web performance
- Experience with web analytics tools or processes
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.