Sr Software Dev Engineer at Expedia Group
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Multi-Item Trip Team, you will contribute to creating the next generation vacation package shopping experience. You will build and improve highly available and scalable software which provides our shoppers a rich customer experience as they combine products together to create dynamic packages to their travel destinations.
We are a mid-sized team working on a wide range of technologies from the very front end web experience to the business logic to surface the best package combinations to our customers around the globe. We work in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on producing high quality software while improving ourselves and our processes every day.
- You will lead the end-to-end product life cycle for mid to large size projects: Design, development, testing, deployment, and providing operational excellence and support.
- You find and advocate for Industry standards and best practices in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies.
- You contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentor junior team members to adapt best practices.
- You will innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems and prototype creative solutions to enable product MVP's.
- You will independently understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs based on those factors.
- You will anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur, and present technical issues and their impact to leadership.
- You will lead, coordinate, and collaborate on multiple concurrent and complex cross-organizational initiatives.
- You will effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across company, and leverage these contacts to achieve results.
- You will communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams.
- You will work towards continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices.
- 7 -10 + years of experience in the field of Software Engineering
- Expertise in Java (or C# / Object Oriented), XML, Junit
- RESTful Micro Services
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java for large ecommerce sites and its associated technology stacks.
- Significant Experience building web services with these platforms desired.
- Strong experience with SQL databases and NoSQL solutions
- Strong experience implementing accessibility best practices
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.