Sr. Software Development Engineer
Do you love working in a flexible, Agile environment where your efforts to build transactional middleware has a direct impact on revenue generation? Do you thrive in a high-energy atmosphere that is constantly evaluating new technology with large focus on scalability, resilience and automation and continuous delivery? If you answered "Yes" to these questions then we are eager to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to build next-generation tax system at Expedia, Inc. This highly scalable and resilient system is capable of calculating the taxes applicable to billions of potential travel bookings per day. The system should also be flexible enough to handle the broad, constantly changing range of tax laws and rules applicable in thousands of jurisdictions around the world, while providing robust reporting and audit trails. These new capabilities will have a material impact on Expedia's financial performance.
Our focus is on Revolutionizing Travel by using technology to handle transactions at a massive scale. You will be instrumental in the performance of our team to ensure that we meet the global needs of our business. Bring your real passion for software performance and metrics driven analysis and be part of our success.
What you'll do:
- This position focuses not only on the development of software solutions for state of the art e-commerce processing systems but also on being a mentor to your fellow engineers.
- You will get to expand your skills in building highly scalable industrial leading solutions while influencing others and raising the bar within the team.
- You will also get the opportunity to be hands on with multi-functional feature delivery.
- Leading and influencing teams in design and development
- Develop web services and highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume on a 24x7 operational cycle
- Use Agile Software Development mechanics
- Develop high volume e-Commerce solutions or other transactional processing systems
- Use Service Oriented Architecture implementation, service versioning, and backward compatibility
Who you are:
- Strong coding skills and critical thinker, along with mentoring abilities
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Deep understanding of Quality and Testing principles
- 8+ years of developing software using Dependency Injection Frameworks
- 5+ years building and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.