Sr. Software Engineer
Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We are one of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world. The phone dialer app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is changing this by working with mobile phone makers (like Samsung) and mobile carriers (like AT&T) to bring this innovation to more than 35 million monthly users in 196 countries. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest we have the backing from top investors in the US and Europe, and an exceptional diverse and skilled team.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer based in Seattle to help us build and improve one of our products with millions of monthly users and tens of millions of API requests per month. You'll provide technical guidance, architecture design, and implementation while working with other senior and junior developers.
The work is highly technical and you must have experience with creating low-latency, high-performance, and highly scalable web services (via an API). You need to feel comfortable implementing new features and new components from a basic specification, maintaining existing features and components, and investigating reliability and performance issues.
What we expect from you:
- Collaborative team player with great communication skills.
- Proven experience building scalable web services.
- Experience with data storage, networking, APIs, queues, stream processing, caching, etc.
- Java or F#
- Experience coding in a functional language (extra points for Scala)
- Extra points for experience with Kafka, Redis, DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, Search Engines, Data analysis, Kubernetes.
- A bias towards action, delivery, and continuous improvement.
- At your best when working in a startup environment.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is based in Seattle, working from our fantastic offices in downtown.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.