Sr. UI Developer at Expedia Group
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Our Expedia Flights team is passionate about building experiences that help travelers like you go places and makes our world more connected. Ours is a distributed team with representation in the United States, Mexico, Australia and India. Our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and ebookers. Expedia redefined the airline industry with its flight shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. And now we are rallying behind the core product once again as we seek to being a one stop shop platform, travelers choose to explore and book flights for a trip.
What you’ll do:
- Build reusable component-based web UI architectures.
- Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other partners.
- Use user behavior data and A/B testing to better understand our customers.
- Develop features relying on event-driven data, microservices, and data science programming models.
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps.
- Translate designs and wireframes into efficient code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Drive architectural decisions on our frontend and backend systems.
- Participate in our Internal Open Source by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization.
- Advocate for engineering perfection, excellent usability, and outstanding quality.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience developing responsive web applications catering to different devices
- Comfortable collaborating on a multi-functional team including product management, architects, and UI designers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Skilled with server-side JS frameworks (Node.js, Express, etc)
- Skilled with single page application JS frameworks (React.js, Redux, etc.)
- Adept at maintaining cross-browser compatibility and debugging.
- Ability to write clean & coherent code and follow established coding conventions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate sophisticated ideas.
- Experience in building Progressive Web Application is a plus
- Knowledge/experience of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Git, Docker, TeamCity, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience at other fast-paced Internet companies, especially Travel companies, is a huge plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, s we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.