Staff Hardware Architect
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo. People who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
As an Staff Hardware Architect you will directly report to the Hardware Engineering Manager, working on projects that shape the hardware underpinning ServiceNow’s global cloud. The Hardware Engineering team designs server and storage solutions that power all of our services, from large-scale application and database server deployments to specialty services such as machine learning. In this role you will:
- Drive hardware enhancements from original concept through final implementation across all system architectures and assess impact to performance and capacity.
- Evaluate and test new products, frequently prior to general availability, identifying root cause issues through testing and making sound recommendations to resolve issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new software platform enhancements on the hardware stack.
- Identify novel hardware/software technologies and architectures and benchmark potential changes to prove your theories.
- Prepare, execute and document results of diagnostic test plans including power validation, reliability and performance.
- Strive for efficiency and efficacy in test design, data gathering, data analysis and reporting.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with customers, component suppliers and manufacturing to further quality goals.
- Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing, and have experience building highly scalable systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects.
- 10+ years evaluating, cost-modeling and implementing new datacenter technologies. This includes managing multi-vendor RFP’s.
- 10+ years profiling and evaluating Linux and database performance.
- 5+ years experience with with diverse HA storage solutions (SAN, FC, iSCSI). Experience with NVMeoF desired.
- Excellent communication & customer skills, conflict management, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Bachelor or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field. Masters preferred.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a relaxed but professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented engineers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.