Systems Engineer – Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering
Kirkland, WA or San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow is looking for help to architect and build the server infrastructure and core services that allow our SaaS platform to run at scale and with high availability. We’re looking for a skilled developer who can help craft the technology and processes needed to sustain ServiceNow’s growth while gaining valuable experience in modern systems and software development.
What you get to do in this role:
- Write test plans and test automation for declarative infrastructure in multiple cloud environments.
- Learn how to build orchestration workflows by leveraging features of the ServiceNow platform.
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Work as part of a team that writes, reviews, and deploys everything as code.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- Is comfortable with their ability to design, write and debug code. You should also have experience writing test specifications and understand the fundamentals of test automation.
- Has experience operating Linux servers at scale in a production environment, using configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Has experience with a variety of open-source tools used in the operation of a production computing environment.
- Is familiar with a code-first approach to infrastructure configuration management.
- Can figure things out – you’ll be working with a fairly wide variety of systems technologies. There is plenty of help, but to be successful you will need to be able to take advantage of it.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.