Vice President Development & Runtime Platform at Expedia Group
The Vice President Development and Runtime Platform will own the responsibility for designing, delivering and supporting a set of key capabilities that power the EG development community. These capabilities include the tools necessary for EG developers to design, build, document and deploy their code, as well as the runtime components to manage containers, APIs and traffic.
This newly created position sits within EG’s Developer platform & Infrastructure group and the successful candidate will be a key member of the group’s leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Define and build a product vision and “sell” to the stakeholders and development community
- Build a product roadmap and deliver products that make up the development and runtime platforms, in particular:
- Development tools (code & artefact repository, build pipeline)
- Developer hub that provides a single point of entry for EG development teams to discover and configure components, surface operational metrics and technical documentation
- Deployment pipeline orchestration across a variety of runtime environments
- Common development libraries & frameworks (content management, UI framework, GRPC and GraphQL connectors etc…)
- Container runtime orchestration and service mesh
- API gateway
- Edge technology, CDN and bot protection
- Evangelize the products, drive adoption and work with senior stakeholders of EG to include their feedback into the roadmap
- Establish a strong relationship with the development community through a developer outreach program
- Responsible for the “front door” to Expedia which is the infrastructure handling all the incoming traffic from customers, partners and suppliers for all EG brands.
- Responsible for providing EG with a common compute runtime engine capable of running the entire business on multiple cloud providers and datacenter
- Power EG API first strategy by delivering an EG wide API gateway
- Advocate for open source and inner source software development with the EG development community
- Keep abreast of the latest industry trends in terms of container orchestration and cloud computing, and drive innovation when appropriate to ensure EG keeps pace
Who you are:
- Proven experience in building and maintaining a developer ecosystem that scales for thousands of engineers and handles all aspects of CI/CD
- Experience managing large scale, high throughput, low latency systems, preferably including traffic management and edge protection
- Experience with container orchestration technology, in particular Kubernetes and Nomad
- Experience building an API first business
- Strong background in software development is a must
- Inspiring and approachable as a leader
- Create an environment where people can realize their full potential
- Be humble and lead with open, candid relationships
- Inspire peripheral relationships across Expedia Group
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Collaborative leadership to build consensus across multiple teams producing end to end results for partners and end users
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.