Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
About Discovery’s Direct-to-Consumer Technology Organization
Within Discovery there is a global organization working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment, building a platform to power experiences that enable Discovery’s content creators to tell better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the world. Our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite peoples’ curiosity to explore and understand the world.
Discovery's direct to consumer technology group operates like a well-funded start-up. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing an innovative global platform for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Eurosport, Food Network, HGTV, Motor Trend and Animal Planet.
About the Opportunity
The ideal candidate is an established leader of leaders, responsible for managing an area or department. You are responsible for defining the mission of your team, inspiring and motivating your team to pursue that mission, and setting strategic goals for them to achieve in that pursuit. You have a balanced understanding of business and technical objectives and your guidance is sought out because your decisions drive the best outcomes for both. You own a set of key performance indicators important to the business, and drive outcomes for the business by setting goals against these metrics.
- Ensure delivery of business critical goals
- Provide strategic and operational expertise to help scale up the business and execute vision/priorities
- Provide business critical change management leadership
- Develop and cultivate strong relationship with key stakeholders to drive the planning and execution of vital strategic and operational goals
- Develop and coach other members of the team
- Strong experience in product and technology
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Exposure working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to restructure or reengineer organizational processes for a measurable positive impact on revenue generation.
- Sets benchmarks independent of, and beyond, organizational best practice, based on a clearly defined understanding of what is possible.
- Adopts a long-term perspective about the business
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams, as a leader, in a professional and polished manner
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality using good judgment and an exceptional sense of accountability
- High energy, strong team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]