VP, Software Engineering at EagleView
Building disruptive, cutting edge imagery products requires solid experience in software engineering to support rapid growth and technology adoptions in a highly reliable, efficient and secure environment. We're on the hunt for an experienced software engineering executive who is a recognized leader in best practices and processes for software engineering and is capable of the change management required when scaling Agile development teams.
Under the CTO, the VP, Software Engineering is responsible for leading the design and development of EagleView's imagery processing platforms and systems. You will be responsible for leading a cross-functional engineering team delivering software on a regular cadence in alignment with a product roadmap. A key element of the role is working across engineering value streams to determine software requirements and delivery timelines. For this position, you must be highly knowledgeable about the business environment, budgeting and efficient software engineering in a highly specialized environment related to imagery, computer vision, and related processing.
The ideal candidate is an articulate and persuasive thought leader who builds consensus and can serve as an effective member of the management team. Must have the ability to maintain objectivity with a strong understanding that efficient management of software engineering will enable the business and provide it a competitive advantage. Ultimately, your mission is to add business value and create competitive advantage for the business through effective and efficient execution of product strategies in the context of Eagleview's culture and business objectives.
Reporting to the CTO, you will be on a team of the best of the best delivering groundbreaking intelligent software products with the support of a strong and growing core business. If that sounds like fun, join us!
- Provide leadership to software engineering and product development initiatives with a focus on delivering high quality solutions quickly and profitably.
- Partner with product management and other stakeholders to drive planning of the product roadmap, release plans, and schedules.
- Take accountability for meeting or exceeding delivery commitments.
- Contribute to the development and execution of platform strategies, inclusive of software, programmable infrastructure, security, and operational design.
- Contribute to the transformation to Lean-Agile and SAFe development.
- Continuously improve deployment frequencies and stability of engineering solutions.
- Build a culture of frictionless collaboration to fully understand the product and solution needs.
- Drive toward an architecture vision that includes cloud, mobile, systematized machine learning, microservices, big data, and API-enabled products.
- Recruit, motivate, and develop a superior team of technology experts who can lead innovation efforts in different niches of expertise and industry opportunity.
- Ensure consistent application of standards and best practices across all technology projects, systems and services.
- Model, optimize, and forecast operational costs of platforms and other engineering solution designs.
- Be accountable for operational costs and quality with integrated development + operations ownership.
- A visionary leader with sound knowledge of business management and a detailed knowledge of metrics driven software engineering best practices, especially Lean-Agile and SAFe.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and functional groups to understand and develop against business requirements.
- 10-15 years software engineering and technology management experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership role overseeing engineering budgets and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate software engineering concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading globally distributed teams.
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading technical talent including management of off-shore and out-sourced contract labor to supplement resource ramp needs.
- Experience integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
- Experienced at modernizing legacy systems including the technical and change management aspects that accompany transformative change.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work with little supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in related fields with 10 years of related experience is required.
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.