Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 100+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we’ve remained family owned and operated while pioneering the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 9,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About Our Team
The Subsplash Finance Team is a growing team focused on keeping the company running efficiently and effectively. We are detail oriented, analytical number crunchers, and love improving processes (not to mention a good spreadsheet!). We rely on each other’s areas of expertise across finance, accounting, and data analysis. If you enjoy working with teams of positive, high-energy people who are experts in their domain, this just might be the right fit for you!
About the Role
As the Accounting Assistant, you will report to the Tax and Accounting Manager. You will support the company in a variety of necessary accounting functions. You will assist with clerical tasks in the finance department as well as have weekly and monthly reporting duties to support the department and company as a whole. You will also be responsible for all accounts payable and employee expense processes and support the roll-out of an expense reporting system. Your contribution to the Finance team will help drive toward excellence in delivering accurate and timely financial reports.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year One
- Learn and become fully proficient in the account payables processes
- Develop and prepare necessary documentation of company accounting policies and accounting processes
- Assist in timely and accurate completion of monthly financial reporting packages for users of the financial statements
- Assist with accounts payable functions including receiving invoices, cutting checks and recording payments in the accounting system
- Resolve vendor account discrepancies
- Reconcile and process employee expenses
- Assist with the implementation of an expense reporting solution
- Support data entry by recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records
- Assist with month-end close and reconciliation processes
- Post monthly journal entries and agree trial balances to supporting documents
- Provide assistance with sales tax reporting
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive financial information
- Provide support where needed for other accounting operations (tax, audit, receivables, revenue accounting, and data analysis)
- 1-3 years of general accounting experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- The desire to serve faith-based organizations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of GAAP and other accounting principals
- Adaptable to ongoing change and shifting job responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a SaaS or startup environment is a plus
- Demonstrate our core values: Humility, Innovation, and a Drive for Excellence
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k, Free Smoothies and Snacks, Public Transportation Subsidy.
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and;
Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.