Accounting Supervisor (Cash)
Your Next Challenge:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced world-class finance professional to be an Accounting Supervisor on our Corporate Accounting team. This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and reconciling complex cash accounts, and is accountable for all cash areas and projects assigned, including work delegated to others. This position assists Staff Accountants within cash accounting and reports to the Accounting Manager.
Critical to the execution of this role is a strong bias towards continuous process improvement, standardization of procedures, and implementation of a robust control framework.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinates key aspects of monthly close cycle for cash. Monitors the daily workflow of the cash department to ensure all cash is reconciled and posted.
- Partner with Accounting Manager to review journal entries and cash account reconciliations.
- Serve as subject matter expert for our bank reconciliation software (Kyriba) including liaison between the users, Treasury, and the IT team.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place to ensure the accuracy of our cash position.
- Identify process opportunities by engaging with other functional groups to enhance the understanding of the business as it relates to assigned responsibilities.
- Supervises and develops Staff Accountants.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly account reconciliations for credit card and cash related transactions.
- Reconciles payments with batched reports, sales receipts, cash reporting, and POS data
- Maintains the general ledger by creating adjusting journal entries to cash accounts
- Conducts moderately complex accounting activities
- Supports other ad hoc projects as needed
What You'll Need:
- Desired 3+ years relevant experience in the field
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Challenges processes and brings solutions to improve efficiency.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities. Ability to work independently while keeping manager informed of issues
- Develops others by explaining complex or new accounts and providing honest, open feedback in a timely manner
- Previous Oracle experience a plus
Education and Certifications
Accounting degree or qualifying work experience required
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.