At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, business and finance professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. Founded only 5 years ago, the company has grown rapidly, achieving more than $375M of revenue in 2020. We are continuing our rapid growth as we expand our product offerings and footprint, which continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and provide a better buying experience, making the complex simple and providing valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Role
The Assurance Finance team is seeking an innovative Accounts Payable/Receivable Manager that thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This position is responsible for ensuring a timely and accurate invoicing of customers, recording of revenue, application of receipts, and directing an offshore accounts payable team. Additionally, this person will support senior leadership by assisting with audit requests, quarter end close, and other demands as they arise. While in this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects with data science, marketing, and commissions in this ever-evolving company. The role reports into our Accounting Manager, and is a great fit for a highly motivated individual that takes the initiative to solve problems and enjoys the opportunity to improve existing processes.
Responsibilities (Accounts Receivable)
- Full scale customer invoice process, including invoice generation, review, delivery, application of receipts, and reconciliation of any payment variance.
- Gather and analyze data providing insights into financial performance
- Maintain merchant account including invoice creation and credit card management
- Create and edit new customer accounts in the Oracle database
- Prepare adjustment forms/credit memos and obtain documented backup/approval
- Collaborate with the marketing team to resolve customer issues and revenue discrepancies
- Work with legal or credit agencies to collect or resolve aged balances
- Maintain and document reviews in accordance with SOX compliance objectives
- Prepare and upload journal entries into the Oracle database
- Run various Oracle reports especially related to cash receipts, customer accounts, aging reports, and revenue reporting
- Work with the agent release team regarding payment receipt and troubleshooting
- Assist with preparatory work for cash reconciliations
Responsibilities (Accounts Payable)
- Manage the vendor payment life cycle, from invoice receipt to payment
- Direct an offshore accounting team to create new vendors, match incoming invoices with all supporting documentation and ensure proper entry into the financial system
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices
- Oversee the preparation of 1099s within IRS guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience including AP and AR management
- Experience with Oracle AP, AR and GL modules a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, lookups, conditional formatting)
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet deadlines
- Customer service-oriented skills and mindset
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.