Do you believe that employees should love what they do? Do you believe that an organization’s leadership should continually listen and partner with their people to make their work environment better? Do you believe that recognition is important? If so, please join our mission at TINYpulse, which is simply to make employees happier. Organizations such as Tableau, Boston Red Sox, and government agencies TINYpulse to engage, motivate, and develop high-performing teams.
TINYpulse is a web-based solution that solicits and captures anonymous feedback from employees to reveal insights, trends, and opportunities to improve retention, culture and results. We donate 1% of our time to the local communities we’re privileged to be a part of, 1% of our product to non-profits, and 1% of our profits to non-profits. We are backed by world-class investors with a stellar board (outsiders include Mark Roberge, Meagan Eisenberg, John Keister), and we are looking for a stellar Controller to help us accelerate our mission!
The Controller will report directly to the CEO and serve as an integral member of the leadership team. As Controller, you will be pivotal in developing and overseeing the global operations of our growing accounting team, as well as evaluating and improving policy and procedure, controls and financial reporting. You will be responsible for managing and performing the day-to-day accounting operations including AR/AP, General Ledger, Treasury, Payroll and Consolidation, as well as managing financial audits and special projects. You will need to bring stellar analytical skills, incredible attention to detail and passion for creating new processes and procedures as we continue our rapid growth.
In order to be successful, you need to be: (1) a strategic thinker who can connect the dots between financial details, the financial model and our business strategy, (2) a great collaborator with other executives and departments and able to communicate effectively with investors and board members, (3) a technical subject matter expert able to work effectively with auditors, (4) a proven leader with a strong track record in building great teams and (5) a driven, self-motivated finance professional who acts with a high degree of integrity in all situations.
● Lead and provide oversight and guidance for global accounting and finance operations (currently in Seattle and Vietnam) and personnel
● Manage full cycle accounting operations on a day-to-day and period-end basis
● File monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns to ensure business registration compliance at all times
● Partner closely with Sales to provide subject matter expertise in a wide-range of technical topics in relation to customer contracts and deal-desk administration
● Administer the capitalization table and equity movement/management tasks
● Partner with CEO and internal heads of departments to drive strategic decisions
● Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Demonstrated strong technical accounting expertise and current GAAP knowledge
● Must be proficient in QuickBooks Desktop and possess strong understanding of the use and potential of technology in the area of financial management
● Required application experience: Salesforce and Saasoptics
● Demonstrated success in employee development and team management
● Capable of working on multiple projects and teams within tight deadlines
● Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a wide range of people on a daily basis with a strong service orientation
● Enjoy wearing multiple hats and being involved in all aspects of making the business successful
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
● Masters Degree in Professional Accountancy or MBA strongly preferred
● Experience with SaaS / High-Tech Industry required
● Active CPA certification preferred
● 10+ years of relevant experience, with a preferable mix of public and private accounting, including reporting company financials to executives, monitoring financial conditions and guiding financial decisions
● Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail; strong interpersonal and management skills
To be considered, please answer the following questions on your cover letter.
(1) Why do you want to join TINYpulse?
(1) Why do you want to join TINYpulse?
(2) Our company values spell out D-E-L-I-G-H-T. Please provide two examples (preferably from your previous employment) where you have exemplified our cultural values above. Please relate these examples to a specific TINYpulse value.
D elight customers
E lect to spread positivity
L ead with solutions and embrace change
I ncrease communication with transparency
G o the extra mile with passion
H old oneself accountable "Big Freedom = Big Accountability"
T reasure culture and freedom
TINYpulse is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
TINYpulse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. TINYpulse complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HR at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description