Director of Commercial Finance - NAMER
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic Finance team within Expedia Partner Solutions. This is a key role evolving the Commercial Finance team and reporting into the Senior Director Finance. As a senior member of the Finance group, the role holder will lead the teams across the NAMER region, spanning multiple product lines including API, Template and the larger complex partners in Enterprise Solutions. Influential and dynamic, with the ability to add significant value across the business, you will have significant experience working in a large B2B organisation handling commercial finance teams.What you'll do:
- Support and drive commercial negotiations with key partners alongside the Commercial teams in EPS.
- Develop and lead an elite Commercial Finance team.
- Drive the dissemination of commercial finance knowledge across the business to improve business insight and enable better decisions to be made
- Partner strategy - assist in the setting of long, medium and short-term initiatives, working with partners to identify deliverables. Develop and lead tools for performance measurement against goals
- Assess new business opportunities – including for e.g. market entry/exit decisions – investigate, research, model and present findings recommending the best course of action
- Your key partners will be the Sales and Finance leadership team.
- Deliver high class business intelligence and sales reporting. Work with key partners to ensure information is relevant, timely, reliable and interpreted for the needs of the Sales leaders, Account Managers and Business Development Managers
- Pull insights from reporting and ensure they are effectively disseminated and acted upon where appropriate. Push where necessary for further investigation and interpretation
- Deliver the quarterly forecast and annual plan for the relevant divisions in EPS.
- Highly analytical, going beyond the traditional functions of finance, driving insight and strategy across a broad range of business issues
- Someone who always builds a compelling vision from the numbers and communicates clearly with all partners
- Able to lead various projects at once whilst keeping the teams focused on delivery
- Creative thinker & self-starter
- Skilled negotiator with excellent listening abilities
- A relationship builder and facilitator, skilled at conflict resolution
- Big picture focused whilst helping implement procedural change
- MBA/Qualified accountant with 10yrs PQE
- Currently leading a finance team and can demonstrate strong leadership
- Skilled at building, delivering and interpreting risk and strategy
- Familiar with B2B business models and large, multi-currency accounts receivable functions
- Experience handling large change projects, implementation of system and process improvement
- Experienced and enthusiastic working in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments
- Someone who thrives in large, global, fast moving organisations
- A skilled people leader, passionate about developing talent
- Technology/travel tech experience a plus
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really intelligent partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and the latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
#LI-KG4Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.